1. OCA Coffee Hour: Estate Planning and How to Get Rich Slowly, an informal discussion with Harold Hom Co., LPA. The small get-together was held at Koko Bakery from 10am to 11am. It was very informative. Mr. Ray Hing, a participant that morning, later stated:
Thanks for your GREAT informal and candy talk on “PROTECTING YOUR LEGACY” – AN OVERVIEW OF ESTATE PLANNING FOR OHIO RESIDENCE.
You cleared up many of my concerns/questions that have been in my mind for a long time, particularly on the complexity and most importantly protecting our hard earned assets:
1. WILLS – WHEN IS IT A GOOD FOR US TO PLAN
2. PROBATE – INS AND OUTS OF VARIOUS PROBATES
3. ESTATE PLANNING
4. HEALTHCARE ISSUES
5. LIVING TRUST – THE PROS AND CONS
6. STATE AND FEDERAL TAXES
We very much appreciate you taking your time this morning and your patience for going over one of the very important topics of our lives.
Also, thanks for sharing your thoughts on “HOW TO GET RICH SLOWLY”, particularly on this down cycle……
I am in agreement that we, Chinese, Chinese American and Asian American, don’t really have such concepts in bedded in our minds and culture.”
2. The APIAVote’s New Faces of Leadership Speaker Series held a meet-and-greet event with California Congresswoman Judy Chu. The event was hosted by our gracious member Margaret Wong in her office.More than 60 people attended the one hour event.
Attendees learned the importance of getting involved, stepping up, and speaking out against racism. The audience was very engaged and participated a lot. Later, Congresswoman became the focal point of a short OCA Image TV interview.
Finally, she joined some of the community business leaders for a delicious, ten course meal prepared by East 30th Café. The dinner event was sponsored by Radhika Reddy of Ariel International. Pictures of the event is available at OCA Cleveland Chapter’s Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/OCACleveland.
The next OCA Cleveland Chapter’s Coffee Hour has been scheduled for Saturday, June 2nd from 11am to 2pm. The topic will be about investments. The special guest speaker will be Don Permadi from Merrill Lynch Investment. Seats are limited and we will send out RSVP invites shortly.