OCA Cleveland Chapter was awarded $2,500 in 2014 by Neighborhood Connections supported by the Cleveland Foundation!
The OCA Interactive Kiosk is a 9” tablet that will be securely placed at Cleveland AsiaTown area centers/restaurants/other areas. The kiosk provides interactive information about the community, local businesses and videos about the AsiaTown Neighborhood.
The kiosk will be left on 365 days (yearlong) and information will be updated frequently based on availability of new items (via online or usb using a frontend input system).
Once touched by a user, it will provide a menu with several options to choose from:
- Welcome video
- What’s new? (Provide information of upcoming events and such)
- Sponsors info/videos
- Advertisers video clips
- What’s at this Mall/Center/Location (businesses where the kiosk is located– directory and pictures)
- Asian Pacific American Community Organizations and their links (provides information of each organizations with picture, text and links to their website)
- What’s around this neighborhood of Asian interest (classified by markets and dinning) with map of location of businesses, google directions, and videos and pictures of the business.
- Watch OCA Image TV Episodes (each is 30 minutes)
- Current issues of community newsletter/newspaper in pdf formats
Benefits of this Kiosk include:
- Attracts patrons to visit not only the mall/center but the entire AsiaTown neighborhood
- Retains patrons to stay and experience the AsiaTown neighborhood
- Increases awareness of what other Asian businesses are in AsiaTown and what to enjoy there
- Provides economic growth by motivating patrons to spend more/stay longer time period at AsiaTown
- Provides a multimedia experience in cultural exchange, education and understanding
- Provides patrons a way to enhance their visit to the mall/center
- Embraces inclusion and brings an awareness of the diversity within Northeast Ohio
OCA Image TV videos are supported by by Cleveland Foundation’s City of Cleveland’s Cable Television Minority Arts and Education Fund (MAEF) to start promote OCA Image TV and AsiaTown Community through the OCA Interactive Kiosk.
Community businesses and organizations are extremely receptive to the project, look for some kiosks available starting in 2015!
Got any suggestion, please us with your thoughts and suggestions you would like to see in the future by clicking here! (If link doesn’t work, you can email us at kiosk -@- ocagc.org
Android Table app developed by Benjamin Gerfelder